Once Again Bucking the Trends
by Dave Wilson
Newsletter Article-November 2021
Ford is making vehicles but floundering share prices have sunk many a CEO. On October 29, in a call with stock analysts, CEO Jim Farley upped the 2020 profit estimate for Ford Motor Company from $10.5 billion to $11.5 billion and the restoration of a share dividend suspended at the start of the pandemic. Ford will pay 10 cents a share on December 1.
- Ford has a strong product inventory
- The average vehicle sales price has moved up to $51,460
- Annual demand for the Mustang Mach E SUV has hit 200,000 units and Ford has moved to boost production
- Chip shortage is still constraining but easing
- Ford is working to be able to produce 1,000,000 electric vehicles by the mid 2020s
- Ford Motor Company share prices have doubled since Jim Farley took the helm as CEO a year ago.
Jim Farley is a CEO who has his eye on the ball!